Hello PRM teachers! Thank you for all that you do for our children and school every day.
Here are some resources the PTO and Foundation have made available to you as a teacher at PRM:
- Technology Supplies at TechSoup: The PRM Foundation pays the fees that allow you to use this website. Here, you can buy discounted software and hardware for your classroom.
- How it works: Search the site to find what you need. Then, email the Foundation by contacting RuthAnne Wolfe and sending the specific details of what you’d like to purchase. RuthAnne will then contact you with the login information and talk to you about the best way to pay for everything.
- Classroom and Teaching Supplies at ReSource: The PRM Foundation pays the membership fees that allow you to shop here. ReSource has a variety of supplies available only to nonprofits. Like a really good thrift store, you have to visit to find the treasures, and you never know what you may find.
- How it works: You can shop here anytime by telling them you are with Pleasant Ridge Foundation. After you have been there, write a check to the PRM Foundation and leave it in the Treasurer’s box in the office. The Foundation will then pay the bill.
- Cincinnati Montessori Society: This organization helps parents and teachers of Montessori schools in the city. Visit www.cincinnatimontessorisociety.org/resources/for-teachers for a list of teacher resources. PRM is listed under the CPS montessori schools as a member.
- How it works: Contact the society directly with questions.
- Free and fast shipping with Amazon Prime: Get fast and free shipping directly to school for all your Amazon shopping.
- How it works: Shop amazon, find the classroom supplies and resources you need, then contact Tami Kauffman at [email protected] to place your order.
- Classroom fundraising at DonorsChoose.org: Raise money for specific projects in your classroom.
- PTO Teacher Fund: The PRM PTO has a strong commitment to support our PRM classrooms. Each year the PTO reviews how much it has fundraised during that year, and votes on an amount it can allocate for each teacher to use in his or her classroom. Every teacher at PRM receives this stipend for materials, called Teacher Grants. Unused funds will not roll over to the following year. In addition to this, the PTO designates an amount for each 3-12 classroom to use towards field trip expenses. Unused funds will not roll over to the following year. Thirdly, the PTO allocates money for teachers to use for their own continuing education expenses. This category does roll over so that teachers can chose to save this amount for use when needed as long as they are teaching at PRM.