Interested in getting more involved in PRM? Volunteering is a great way to get to know the school as well as meet new friends and build your PRM Community.
Steps to becoming a Volunteer
- Fill out a CPS Volunteer Application. Go to www.cycyouth.org/help/volunteer-signup-form/. Once you complete the online form and submit, you will receive an email with a link to complete an online background check through Selection.com for $8.00. You can also contact Jason Poland, the Tutor & Volunteer Coordinator at Pleasant Ridge Montessori Phone at (513) 363-4445 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can fill out a hard copy of the application in person after contacting the Tutor & Volunteer Coordinator.
- Get a background check. You have 2 options: go down to the Hamilton County Justice Center (at 1000 Sycamore Ave.) to get a local check for $5.00 (cash only) or for $8.00 you can complete a background check online. (CPS will assure the safety of all students. Your compliance is necessary for the protection of our students. Background checks are good for 5 years.)
- Participate in Volunteer Training. Volunteer training objectives: understand the goals and responsibilities, expectations and confidentiality of your students. This training is available online starting in August 2015. (Jason Poland will coordinate access to this online training.)
- Attend an orientation at PRM. This is an opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with the building and staff, to ask any questions about your volunteer sessions and review emergency procedures at the school. (Jason Poland will contact you to arrange this orientation.)
- Get a CPS Volunteer Badge. This will be completed during your orientation at PRM or you can get your badge at the CPS Security Office (2651 Burnet Avenue in Corryville) and is open to create security badges on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm or by appointment.
- Establish a schedule. You will work with Jason Poland to establish a schedule that will work for both you and the classroom/teacher you will be assigned to. This schedule can be worked out in your orientation session.