The Pleasant Ridge branch of the Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library offers a variety of free programs for children. You can check out their website for more information.
- Thursday, Oct. 20 at 4 p.m. – Solving Mysteries through Chemistry: Explore the chemistry of fibers and forensics through demonstrations and hands-on activities to celebrate National Chemistry Week with Laurie Breyfogle from Proctor & Gamble! Recommended for ages 5 – 12 and families.
- Friday, Oct. 21 at 4 p.m. – Let’s Go Lego: Build with Legos and other building blocks! Ages 2 – 12
- Saturday, Oct. 22 – Hispanic Heritage Celebration: Learn basic Spanish with Ms. Karay from 1 – 1:30 p.m., then learn Nicaraguan and Colombian folk dances, make crafts and sample South American treats from 2 – 3 p.m.! All ages welcome!
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 6:30 p.m. – Family Storytime Help children deal with fear and get ready for Halloween with monster stories and activities! Snacks provided. Optional: Wear a costume! Recommended for children 6 and under and families.
- Thursday, Oct. 27 at 4 p.m. – Tales to Tails: Read to Holly a Portugese Water Dog! A fun way for young readers to practice reading out loud.
- Saturday, Oct. 29 at 10:30 a.m. – Halloween Stories & Craft: Hear some fun and not too scary stories, and decorate a mask or spider treat cup! Snacks provided. Optional: wear a costume!
- Monday, Oct. 31 at 4 p.m. – Halloween Craft & Treats: Decorate a mask or trick or treat bag and get a treat! Optional: wear a costume!
- Every Wednesday:We offer Baby and Toddler programs at 10 a.m. and preschool storytimes at 10:30 a.m.