We need you! PRM is growing! Join us as we embark on this campaign to expand PRM and/or address our growth in other ways. LSDMC (Local School Decision Making Committee) has these great suggestions. Check out the LSDMC page for the meeting minutes to find out more information. We need you to remain engaged in five ways:
1. Get to know the new Board of Education:
2. Attend a board meeting!
This is the schedule – the next meetings are:
December 10th at 6:30p (Education Center)
December 17th at 6:30p (Education Center)
Find future dates here: https://www.cps-k12.org/sites/www.cps-k12.org/files/pdfs/boe-2018-REVISED-BOE-Mtg-Schedule.pdf
When you attend a board meeting:
Wear a PRM t-shirt!
Listen – you will learn about how the board makes decisions
3. Think about why you love PRM. Share your thoughts with a neighbor who does not have kids at PRM.
4. Keep supporting PRM – our growth is a beautiful story, but we need your skills and talents to keep our school amazing. See our new-and-improved website, prmrocks.org, to find all kinds of opportunities. Contact Brittany Fuller to get your volunteer badge! f[email protected]
5. Talk with your student about how school is going. We’ll need to pay closer attention to our students’ needs as the smaller classes age out of PRM (as the 6-9 kids become 9-12). Ask questions such as:
- What work did you do today?
- What was your favorite thing about school today?
- What questions did you have today?
- How is your contract going? (for 6-9) How is your week plan going (9-12)?