2023 – 6th Grade Families
One of the wonderful things we get to figure out with our 6th graders this year is where they plan to go next year.
All students in 6th grade will take the IOWA and CogAT assessments on October 17, 18 and 19. These tests are used for two purposes: gifted identification and eligibility for CPS placement in certain high schools (Walnut Hills and Spencer Center for Gifted and Exceptional Students).
Ms. Bonfield has graciously provided a resource – Time to Start Planning for High School for all 6th grade students. The slideshow includes information to help students and families in preparation for these assessments as well as to share valuable links about several of our CPS high schools. Please reach out to your child’s homeroom teacher if you have questions.
We understand that making a decision about what comes after PRM can be complicated. Listed below are PRM parents who are willing to be resources. Feel free to reach out to them via email in regards to their current experiences with students at the following CPS high schools.
- Walnut Hills – Jen Jarman at [email protected]
- Clark Montessori – Sara Bourgeois at [email protected]
- School for Creative and Performing Arts – Allison Goodman at [email protected]
Open House Dates and Shadowing Opportunities:
- Discover SCPA Day – Saturday, October 21st from 11:30am-1:00pm and more detailed information about the current application process
- Walnut Hills Prospective Student Open House – Sunday, October 22nd from 1:00-4:00pm and Online Shadow Registration opens on October 8th at midnight.
- Clark Montessori Prospective Student Night – Wednesday, November 8th from 6:00-7:45pm and information about touring and shadowing this school year.