GENERAL PARENT VOLUNTEER INFORMATION!
(If you are interested in tutoring reading or math in the classroom, click here!)
Montessori education depends on its family and community to support the learning process. Volunteers like you make PRM a great place to learn and grow. Below is some helpful information.
There are so many ways to help! Here are a few ways you can help out as a parent and where to get started. Each and every one of these is vital and a part of what makes PRM amazing – from adding your email to the Email Updates List to helping at events and fundraisers to helping in your child’s classroom to a longer-term role on the PTO, Foundation, or other committee.
- PRMRocks.org! You can help support PRM and your student just by staying informed with the help of the updates, calendar and email updates list on this website!
- Parent groups: Attend a parent group meeting like PTO, Foundation, Boosters, LSDMC, ILT or Mens Group!
- Classroom Helpers (requires badge): Room Parent, wash rugs, bring in food or even come in just to sharpen pencils, contact your student’s teacher.
- Chaperones (requires badge): Chaperone a field trip! Contact your student’s teacher to volunteer for field trips throughout the year.
- Events and Parties: Help plan, give time or just show up for various community events or fundraising events. Examples include Fall Festival, Father Daughter Dance, Mother Son Event or the Silent Auction. Contact PTO and Foundation presidents.
- Year long Volunteer roles: Dig a little deeper and take on a longer-term role in the parent groups, like PTO, Foundation or be a parent representative to the district groups with teachers and administration like ILT and LSDMC.
Get a CPS Volunteer Badge!
For any volunteer role requiring you to be in the school during school hours or on field trips, you must have a CPS volunteer badge. All PRM volunteers need to have at least local background check and CPS badge. If you live in Hamilton County, you would go to the Hamilton County Justice Center, 1000 Sycamore Street. (Open Mon. – Fri. 7 AM – 3 PM.) The background check is $5.00, cash only. If you live in a neighboring county, you should get your check from that county.
Once you have your background check you have two options for getting your badge:
Once you have your background check, you have two options for obtaining your CPS volunteer badge:
- Email a picture of the background check to [email protected], along with a picture of the front of your license, a headshot on a light background, and a picture of a completed PRM Volunteer Agreement and Emergency Contact Form. You will receive an email when it arrives in the school office.
- Get your badge at the CPS Security Office by following the instructions listed here. You MUST email [email protected] at least 24 business hours prior to your appointment for obtaining your badge so that the required authorization can be sent to the Security Office. Please also complete a PRM Volunteer Agreement and Emergency Contact Form and turn it in to the school office or mail it to email address above.
Thank you so much for making a difference!