We leverage our facility as a hub of educational, cultural and civic partnerships which respond to the learning needs of our students.
PRM is staffed with an on-site resource coordinator who is tasked to develop, integrate and manage community partnerships. The YMCA of Greater Cincinnati is the lead agency partnering with PRM to provide the Community Learning Center services.
Community partnerships transform our school into a robust neighborhood hub which supports student academic achievement and provides students with numerous additional learning opportunities.
Check out this video, produced by Cincinnati Public Schools, that highlights PRM’s Community Learning Center!
Please see below all the amazing things that happen at PRM thanks to our Community Partners and Resource Coordinator. If you have questions about anything listed, please contact Saundra Oprea, [email protected]
After School Programs
YMCA of Greater Cincinnati
- Open every day school is in session from 2:15 pm to 6:00 pm. Site Administrator Liz Kleisinger has been on boarded. Currently 92 students enrolled.
After School Enrichment Programs : Fee Based Programs:
- Webby Dance PreK to 1st Grade on Tuesdays from 2:15 – 3:00 on stage Session 3 1/28-3/17
- Webby Dance 2nd-6th Grade on Thursdays from 2:15 – 3:00 pm on stage Session 3 1/30-3/19
- PRM Boosters Basketball practices M-Th in Gym 6 pm to 8:30 pm
- PRM Boosters Basketball home games 12/7; 12/15; 1/11; 1/18; 1/19; 1/25; 2/1; 2/2; 2/8; 2/15; 2/16
- Cincinnati Spanish Academy Classes began Oct 1, meeting Tuesdays from 2:15-3:05p for 22 wks
- Exist Kids Yoga Mondays and Thursday in the Nap Room 2:15 to 3:15 pm
- Girl Scouts: 4 different troops meeting monthly
- PRM Boosters Cheer meets Tuesdays & Thursdays November 2019 to March from 6pm-7:15p
- Cub Scout Troop – Bourgeois meets on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays Oct 10 – May 25 from 6pm-7pm
- Enriching Kidz is a new partner offering life skills programming, their first course began 2/11!
After School Enrichment Programs: Staff Supported Opportunities
- Art Club runs thru Apr 30, offered on Tuesdays from 2:30-3:30p
- M.O.R.E runs on Tuesday and Thursdays serving with 27 students from 2:30-3:30p
- Yearbook club meets on Mondays with 12 students enrolled from 2:30-4p
- Girls to Women – meets Wednesday and Friday with 15 students enrolled from 2:30-3:30
- PRM Music Club – begins Oct 3 meeting on Tuesdays from 2:30-3:30p
- Brain Bowl Thursdays 11/21 – 3/14 @ 2:45-5pm in Rm 3301
- Futsol – Fridays 1/24-2/14 meets in the Gymnasium for 1st-3rd @ 2:30-3:30p, and 4th & 5th @ 3:30-4:30p
Whiz Kids After School Tutoring Program – Program is on Mondays @ 5:30 – 7:30
- Program runs Oct. 28 –April 27
- Follows CPS calendar for Mondays off and snow days
- Currently we have right around 25-30 attending every week.
TEAM Works Tutoring through the Presbyterian Church– Program is on Wednesdays @ 2:30 – 6:30
- Program begins October 23, 2019
- Grades 4-6; there are 19 students currently participating
- Teen program is continuing from last year for 7th-12th grade graduates of program
- TW and PRM Foundation are working together for a fundraiser – PRM Coupon Cards
Daytime Tutoring- Tutor/Volunteer Coordinator, Jamie Donaldson, has successfully placed tutors into 30min sessions per identified student at assigned times each week. We continue to source volunteers from Volunteer Match, Xavier, UC, Mt St. Joseph, and other community partners to secure tutors. Daytime tutors are currently engaging ~100 students weekly.
- Jamie has been working with our Data Coaches to establish a more targeted approach
- Super Saturday Program for State test prep has begun with ~20 students and tutors every week
Children’s Home– & School Psychologist and Social Worker Coordinated Care Team meets to review referral, active caseload, and concerns/needs lists; target students; address any issues of concern; and coordinate care and action items. Dates of Mental Health Partner Team meetings this school year:
Monday, March 9th May, April 6th Monday, May 4th
Currently the support team has 83 students being provided services, with an additional 1 referral currently in process.
Blessings in a Backpack– Blessings in a Backpack permission forms sent home 9/4, currently 189 students have signed up. Blessings started on August 30th. Parent volunteers are coordinating for distribution every week (thank you!)
Operation School Bell Uniform Assistance– Assistance League of Greater Cincinnati provided on-school uniforms again this year. Uniforms forms have been placed in teacher mail boxes for folders. Uniform Volunteer Katie Thompson, has done a wonderful job incorporating the donation into our uniform closet and filling requests.
Neediest Kids of All – Additional uniform pieces were supplied by this CPS funded uniform program, and some of our larger and smaller sizes were supplemented through this. Winter shopping took place on 12/3, and hats, mittens and coats were added to our coat drive.
Fernside – enrollment forms have been sent to 6 students’’ families for a six week in-school grief counseling program to begin hopefully in March