THE PRM READ-A-THON is 6 years OLD!: In the fall of 2018, PRM held its first ever Read-A-Thon! The Read-A-Thon is designed to reinforce good reading habits while raising funds to support the school.
Bookmark contest entries due February 28th!
PRM’s 6th Annual Read-a-thon Fundraiser 2024! March 7th through 13th!
2024 Read-a-thon details!
Pleasant Ridge Montessori is thrilled to be celebrating its 6th annual Read-a-thon! The Read-a-thon has two main goals – the first is to promote good reading habits, the second is to raise funds to support our unique school. The Read-a-thon will take place from Thursday, March 7th through Wednesday, March 13th. All students are encouraged to read for some amount of time every single day over this one-week long period. All reading counts! Students will track their reading minutes on their paper reading log envelopes and can either turn that in at the end of the week (on Thursday or Friday) OR they can submit their reading minutes online. Supporters, including family and friends, can make cash or check donations (turned in via the reading log envelopes) or make electronic donations online. All online reading minutes and donations need to be logged at prmrocks.org/readathon.
During this seven-day period, students will be able to earn multiple “reading rewards”. PRM is trying to meet their goals of 100% reading participation, 20,000 minutes read and $10,000 raised! Support your student(s) by encouraging them to read and log their reading minutes, reading them a favorite story and helping them ask family and/or friends for donations of support.
Help us make the 6th annual Read-a-thon our most successful ever!
- March 2nd – Read Across America Day
- March 7th – March 13th – READ, LOG reading and COLLECT donations
- March 13th – March 15th – TURN IN completed reading log envelopes and any cash or check donations or SUBMIT online at prmrocks.org/readathon
- All students will receive a student designed 2024 bookmark.
- All students who read for ALL 7 consecutive days AND log their reading (online or on their own envelope) will earn a PRM Read-a-thon shirt.
- The one classroom with the highest independent participation will earn a class party.
- The 3 students who log the most reading minutes in each grade level (9 students in total) will earn a gift card to a local business.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support!
The Pleasant Ridge Montessori Foundation is a non-profit organization according to IRS code section 501(c)(3).