Read-a-thon Information: In the fall of 2018, PRM held its first ever Read-A-Thon! The Read-A-Thon is designed to reinforce good reading habits while raising funds to support the school.
Our goal is to raise $15,000 and read 40,000 Minutes as a community!
The 2020-2021 Read-a-thon will take place February 19th through February 25th!
This winter, PRM will hold its 3rd annual Read-a-thon! The Read-a-thon is designed to reinforce good reading habits while also raising funds to support our school. The PRM Read-a-thon will begin on Friday, February 19th and continue through Thursday, February 25th. Students will be encouraged to read each day over this one-week period. Because student learning is happening remotely reading can flexibly happen at many times during the day! Students will track their reading throughout the week either using the online reading log, click here, or on a paper reading log which will be printed on the back of the donation envelope. Supporters, including family and friends, are strongly encouraged this year to go here to make their donations electronically. We will still accept cash and checks in the donation envelopes that will need to be turned in at school on Friday, February 26th (or on Tuesday, March 2nd).
During this seven-day period, students will be able to earn multiple “reading rewards”. Please help PRM meet our goals of 100% reading participation, 40,000 minutes read and $15,000 raised! Support your student(s) by reading them a favorite story, encouraging them to read and log their reading minutes, and by helping them ask family and/or friends for donations of support.
Help PRM make this the most successful fundraiser in our history!
- February 19th – February 25th – READ, LOG your reading and COLLECT donations
- Friday, February 26th (and Monday, March 1st) – SUBMIT online logs and donations or TURN IN completed paper reading logs and any cash or check donations. (Bring any paper reading log/donation envelopes back to PRM during scheduled materials pick-up/drop off and give to a Read-a-thon volunteer.)
- Tuesday, March 2nd – Read Across America Day
- All students will receive a PRM Read-a-thon bookmark.
- All students who read for ALL 7 days AND log their reading will earn a PRM Read-a-thon spirit wear shirt. (Reading logs can be completed online or by filling out the paper form.)
- The class with the highest student participation at each level will earn a special virtual reading party with Ms. Simpson.
- The one class with the highest participation overall will earn hot chocolate coupons for each student from The Coffee Exchange (located just down the street from PRM).
Sample Message to Friends and Family to ask for support!
“On Friday, February 19th, I will begin a week-long Read-A-Thon at my school, PRM. My personal goal is to complete all 7 reading sessions during the week of February 19th-25th. Our school goals include 100% reading participation, 40,000 minutes read & $15,000 raised!
Please consider supporting me in one of the following ways:
1. Commit to reading with me.
2. Commit to reminding me to read each day.
3. Make a donation to my school.
Do any of these options sound like something you could do?”
To make a one-time tax-deductible donation:
● go to https://prmrocks.org/readathon (preferred method)
● cash or check (make checks payable to: PRM Foundation)
Thank you in advance for your generosity and your support!”
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support!
The Pleasant Ridge Montessori Foundation is a non-profit organization according to IRS code section 501(c)(3).