Read-a-thon Information: In the fall of 2018, PRM held its first ever Read-A-Thon! The Read-A-Thon is designed to reinforce good reading habits while raising funds to support the school.
PRM’s 5th Annual Read-a-thon Fundraiser 2023! March 2nd through 9th!
2023 Read-a-thon details!
Pleasant Ridge Montessori is thrilled to be holding its 5th annual Read-a-thon! The Read-a-thon promotes good reading habits while also raising funds to support our school. The Read-a-thon will take place from Thursday, March 2nd through Wednesday, March 8th. All students are encouraged to read for some amount of time every single day over this one-week long period. All reading counts! Students will track their reading minutes on their paper reading log envelopes and can either turn this in at the end of the week (on Thursday or Friday) or they can submit their reading minutes online. Supporters, including family and friends, can make cash or check donations (turned in via reading log envelopes) or make electronic donations online. All online reading minutes and donations can be logged on prmrocks.org/readathon.
During this seven-day period, students will be able to earn multiple “reading rewards”. Help PRM meet our goals of 100% reading participation, 20,000 minutes read and 10,000 raised! Support your student(s) by reading them a favorite story, encouraging them to read and log their reading minutes, and by helping them ask family and/or friends for donations of support.
Help us make the 5th annual read-a-thon our most successful one!
- March 2nd – Read Across America Day
- March 2nd – March 8th – READ, LOG your reading and COLLECT donations
- March 9th – March 11th– TURN IN completed paper reading log envelopes and any cash or check donations OR SUBMIT online at prmrocks.org/readathon
- All students will receive a 2023 bookmark.
- All students who read for ALL 7 days AND log their reading (online or on the envelope) will earn a PRM Read-a-thon spirit wear shirt.
- The classrooms with the highest student participation percentage at each level will earn donuts.
- The one class with the highest participation overall will earn a class party (to be decided on with the winning class).
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support!
The Pleasant Ridge Montessori Foundation is a non-profit organization according to IRS code section 501(c)(3).