PRM Community Support Volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering in a support role such as planning a fundraising event, organizing staff appreciation lunches, or becoming a room parent, check out all of the volunteer opportunities here.
PRM Tutor and School Support Volunteers
If you are interested in tutoring or providing other administrative support to the school, please contact Brittany Fuller at FullerB@cpsboe.k12.oh.us, Volunteer Coordinator.
* Anyone volunteering on the PRM campus (including field trip chaperones) must complete the following steps in order to receive a CPS Volunteer Badge.
- Fill out a CPS Volunteer Application. Go to www.cycyouth.org/help/volunteer-signup-form/. Once you complete the online form and submit, you will receive an email with a link to complete an online background check through Selection.com for $8.00. You can also contact Brittany Fuller, the Tutor & Volunteer Coordinator at Pleasant Ridge Montessori Phone at (513) 363-4445 or Fullerb@cpsboe.k12.oh.us . You can fill out a hard copy of the application in person after contacting the Tutor & Volunteer Coordinator.
- Get a background check. You have 2 options: go down to the Hamilton County Justice Center (at 1000 Sycamore Ave.) to get a local check for $5.00 (cash only) or for $8.00 you can complete a background check online. (CPS will assure the safety of all students. Your compliance is necessary for the protection of our students. Background checks are good for 5 years.)
- Participate in Volunteer Training. Volunteer training objectives: understand the goals and responsibilities, expectations and confidentiality of your students.
- Attend an orientation at PRM. This is an opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with the building and staff, to ask any questions about your volunteer sessions and review emergency procedures at the school. (Brittany Fuller will contact you to arrange this orientation.)
- Get a CPS Volunteer Badge. This will be completed during your orientation at PRM or you can get your badge at the CPS Security Office (2651 Burnet Avenue in Corryville) and is open to create security badges on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm or by appointment.
- Establish a schedule. You will work with Brittany Fuller to establish a schedule that will work for both you and the classroom/teacher you will be assigned to. This schedule can be worked out in your orientation session.