PRM Community Support Volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering in a support role such as planning a fundraising event, organizing staff appreciation lunches, or becoming a room parent, check out all of the parent group volunteer opportunities here.
PRM Tutor and School Support Volunteers
If you are interested in being a tutor, chaperone or providing other administrative support to the school, please contact Brittany Fuller at FullerB@cpsboe.k12.oh.us, Volunteer Coordinator. Or fill out our general interest form, click here!
* Anyone volunteering on the PRM campus (including field trip chaperones) must complete the following steps in order to receive a CPS Volunteer Badge.
- Contact Brittany Fuller, the Tutor & Volunteer Coordinator at Pleasant Ridge Montessori Phone at (513) 363-4445 or Fullerb@cpsboe.k12.oh.us . You can fill out a hard copy of the application in person after contacting the Tutor & Volunteer Coordinator.
- Get a background check. Go down to the Hamilton County Justice Center (at 1000 Sycamore Ave.) to get a local check for $5.00 (cash only). Your compliance is necessary for the protection of our students. Background checks are good for 5 years.)
- Participate in Volunteer Training. Volunteer training objectives: understand the goals and responsibilities, expectations and confidentiality of your students.
- Attend an orientation at PRM. This is an opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with the building and staff, to ask any questions about your volunteer sessions and review emergency procedures at the school. (Brittany Fuller will contact you to arrange this orientation.)
- Get a CPS Volunteer Badge. This will be completed during your orientation at PRM.
- Establish a schedule. You will work with Brittany Fuller to establish a schedule that will work for both you and the classroom/teacher you will be assigned to. This schedule can be worked out in your orientation session.